Newcastle Winger Nominated for Prestigious Puskas Award – Video
Hatem Ben Arfa has made it onto the shortlist for the Puskas Award: FIFA's Goal of the Year.
The Newcastle winger is the only Premier League player to feature on the prestigious shortlist.
Although he scored a number of fantastic goals for Newcastle last year, it is his sensational solo effort against Blackburn Rovers in the FA cup that has been nominated, weaving through almost the entire Rovers team before hammering a great finish into the roof of the net.
Also competing for the prestigious award are Lionel Messi, Radamel Falcao and last year’s winner Neymar of Santos.
According to Fifa, the gong will be decided on a mix of the general look of the goal, the importance of the match, the absence of luck and the nature of fair play, i.e. the player in question must not have conducted himself poorly during the game or have been found guilty of doping.
The full list of nominees for the 2012 award is as follows:
1. Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle) v Blackburn
2. Gaston Maella (Nacional Potosi) v The Strongest
3. Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali
4. Olivia Jimenez (Mexico) v Switzerland
5. Lionel Messi (Argentina) v Brazil
6. Moussa Sow (Fenerbahce) v Galatasaray
7. Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi
8. Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Ghana) v Guinea
9. Eric Hassli (Vancouver) v Toronto
10. Neymar (Santos) v Internacional
Apologies. The videos don’t seem to work. You can, however, access all the goals from the link above each candidate.
Dude you just copied this article word for word from the metro website. Shame on you for being so lazy
Hey there. No it was just the FIFA regulations on what they base the award on