Hatem Ben Arfa has made it onto the shortlist for the Puskas Award: FIFA's Goal of the Year.
The Newcastle winger is the only Premier League player to feature on the prestigious shortlist.
Although he scored a number of fantastic goals for Newcastle last year, it is his sensational solo effort against Blackburn Rovers in the FA cup that has been nominated, weaving through almost the entire Rovers team before hammering a great finish into the roof of the net.
Also competing for the prestigious award are Lionel Messi, Radamel Falcao and last year’s winner Neymar of Santos.
According to Fifa, the gong will be decided on a mix of the general look of the goal, the importance of the match, the absence of luck and the nature of fair play, i.e. the player in question must not have conducted himself poorly during the game or have been found guilty of doping.
The full list of nominees for the 2012 award is as follows:
1. Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle) v Blackburn
2. Gaston Maella (Nacional Potosi) v The Strongest
3. Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali
4. Olivia Jimenez (Mexico) v Switzerland
5. Lionel Messi (Argentina) v Brazil
6. Moussa Sow (Fenerbahce) v Galatasaray
7. Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi
8. Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Ghana) v Guinea
9. Eric Hassli (Vancouver) v Toronto
10. Neymar (Santos) v Internacional